Friday, October 7, 2011

Pilgrim Hat Cookies

I don't know what is like in your house, but my kids don't really like the traditional Thanksgiving desserts. Pumpkin pie, pecan pie, or carrot cake are not things that they get excited about. In fact, they trigger reactions that are quite the opposite. Dread, perhaps.

So yesterday I was looking around online (thank-you, Internet) looking for something that they would enjoy that would be festive and fun for them. And I found it at Familyfun.com. Pilgrim Hat Cookies.

You don't need much by way of ingredients:

You need some cookies that have chocolate on one side, (I used these last year for the Turkey Treats too), marshmallows, chocolate chips, and yellow icing.

Step 1: Melt the chocolate chips


Step 2: Skewer a marshmallow.



Step 3: Dip and swirl the marshmallow around in the melted chocolate, using a spoon to help if you need to.


Step 4: Carefully drop the chocolate covered marshmallow onto the chocolate half of the cookie. (Use the toothpick to spread out the chocolate on the top if you have any white marshmallow showing)


Step 5: Leave the marshmallow cookies until the chocolate is set.


Step 7: Pipe a small square of icing to be the buckle on the front of the hat.


Step 8: Enjoy!


These were a big hit, and the kids had fun making them with me. If I had any suggestions, it would be to make more than you think you'll need. I thought two each would be plenty, but they were all asking for more and more. Maybe next year I'll triple the batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...